Now, I have a new challenge for you!
I know that we have a slight tendency in our family to hoard all sorts of junk.
When I moved from my old apartment to the New Castle, I noticed that I had built up an impressive collection of junk not limited to but including:
- Guinea feathers that J collected from a beach when he was just a little pup.
- A Sonic the Hedgehog figurine that had fallen down the back of a shelf
- A set of fancy titanium ladies golf clubs that I hadn’t used since moving to the apartment; and
- Every stuffed toy I’d owned since I moved to Australia, some of which had deformed into just little balls of shapeless fluff.
Luckily for me, my move to the New Castle forced me to par down my collections of old rubbish, though I think I’ve still got some old High School clothes that no longer fit.
That being said, you have not had the luxury of a recent move to pare down your stuff. Plus, the last time I visited, I remember you mentioned that J, Little E and Thumper had so many gifts of old and new toys, that you were despairing of where to put it all. Therefore, I would like to challenge you to a total declutter of your home!
Obviously, I’m not asking you to throw away all of your stuff like a crazy lady, that would be excessive. However, there’s no better way to declutter your home than by following the advice of the Ultimate Declutterer, Marie Kondo!
That’s right! For 2017, I am challenging you to the following:
- Complete a Konmari style clean up of your house by the end of this year!
- Review the books “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing” and “Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up“
- Write a post every time you do a Konmari step or feel particularly proud of doing a Konmari-inspired thing (like folding clothes the Konmari way).
- Enjoy your happy family!
So, get ready to be the Queen of Clean! Good luck!