Last week, Little E went to the kitchens of a local Italian restaurant (who does not wish to be named), in order to learn the secrets behind their tasty, tasty pizzas.
It’s so much fun to play with food! I mean, why play with playdoh, when you can play with real dough that you can actually eat?
If you’re looking the ingredients list for a really great pizza dough and tomato marinara sauce you can try these from Buddy Valastro the Kitchen Boss (which I have reproduced below – just click on the links for the full recipe):
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- About 15 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 3 1/4 cups)
- About 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28-ounce) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce cans) of diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
edit: You may have noticed that I have edited the content of this post as well as the accompanying video since I first posted it! This is at the request of the Restaurant-who-shall-not-be-named.