Chinese New Year is SUPER EARLY this year and if you’re scrambling for quick and easy decorations for the house, here’s a really pretty floral ball hanging decoration that you can try!
- 60 square angpows or 30 rectangular angpows (use last years angpows if you have them)
- Sticky tape or staples (we used red washi tape and clear scotch tape
- String or ribbon (we used leftover yarn)
- If you have rectangular angpows cut them in half to make them square.
- Fold the angpows in half diagonally so that two edges of the square meet together. You should end up with a cone-like shape. Secure the edge with tape or staples.
- Join 5 of these folded angpows together to form one flower.
- Start assembling the floral ball by joining 3 flowers together and securing the petals together with tape or staples.
- Add 3 more flowers to form one half of the floral ball as shown below. I found it easier to form one half of the floral ball at a time.
- Fix the two halves of the floral ball together with tape, then double check all the petals to make sure that they are well secured. A good rule of thumb is that each petal should be secured to two other petals!
- Finally, attach a loop of string or ribbon to complete the decoration!