So, lots of people have been asking me what really came inside the Singapore Golden Jubilee Baby Gift box. Well, from the size of it, you can already tell that it came with LOADS of things. The box was full to the brim, and I was really surprised by the quality (and quantity) of the various components!
Here’s what greeted me when we first opened the box:
It was filled to the brim with bags of all colours and sizes, each bearing a different slogan and a series of lovely, well-wishes for the baby. Each bag contained a gift that was loosely related to the slogan.
For example, one of the bags labelled ‘i Love Life’ contained a bright red baby sling to represent how the baby is surrounded and carried by loving people. This is a brilliant gift for any new parent!
The sling itself is a really good quality sling from Ozzie brand Baba Slings, and has ‘I’m a Golden Jubilee Baby’ printed on it.
In fact, all of the items in the box were much better quality than I expected – obviously no expense was spared!
Here are the other gifts that we received in the box:
- A set of five exclusive Timmy and Tammy books (you can see that the SG50 Baby logo is on the bottom left corner of the book covers)
- A scrapbooking album, complete with acid-free embellishments and printed papers
- An oversized 100% cotton muslin swaddle with a golden lion print (a very useful gift!)
- A large photo frame with space for five photos
- A set of cotton baby onesies in different sizes (0m, 3-6m and 9-12m) complete with matching mittens and booties.
We also received a beautiful gold-plated brass medallion, in a fancy presentation box.
Last, but certainly not least, is my favourite item in the box: an embroidered dark grey canvas diaper-bag – from US baby designer brand Skip Hop, no less! I believe this is the Skip Hop ‘Duo’ bag, which is one of their bestselling models.
Wow! Isn’t it pretty?
I have already transferred all my baby essentials from my trusty old diaper bag to this fancy new one and I’ve been toting it around proudly.
I think a lot of thought and planning went into putting this SG50 Baby gift together, and I am thoroughly impressed…and very grateful that Thumper is one of the recipients of so many lovely things!
What a warm welcome to the world!